Friday, September 19, 2014

Into the Light

For the past year and a half I have been working on my Artist Book project Into the Light.
This project has seen many an incarnation.
I read a lot. Made many notes. 
Throughout this time, I tried to find ways to convey what I would like to share.
Ironically, the very topic living well with chronic illness (with an eye on nature and art)
challenged me greatly to find the way I was able to do this.

I have found my way.
At last!
And have found a lot of support for it. More about this very soon!!

In stead of working on a whole book, I focus on working on one page at the time.
It made it a lot less daunting!
There will be various presentations of the Artist Book:
Limited editions and more general presentations.
More about the format etc, in the next few months....

Here is a snapshot of the journey to date.


During my stay at Annaghmakerrig in 2013, I made a Mind map of my book-to-be

Collected quotes, arranged under topics.
This way I was able to work away from computer,
seated on the floor...
All the quotes...
But I could no longer work on the floor.
I had to cut up my sheets. But before I did this,
I rolled them out in my garden.
Cutting up actually made sense. They are much easier to handle now

During my first stay in Dechen Shying,
I hung some sheets in branches,
my prayer flags
One of the storyboards
And a few sample pages
Please respect copyright, as this is very much a work in progress
Thank you.

Sample pages of Into the Light © Corina Duyn 2014
Sample pages of Into the Light © Corina Duyn 2014
Sample pages of Into the Light © Corina Duyn 2014
Sample pages of Into the Light © Corina Duyn 2014
Sample pages of Into the Light © Corina Duyn 2014
Sample pages of Into the Light © Corina Duyn 2014
I look foward to hear/read your thoughts on the project!



ps. As I no longer have a Facebook or Twitter account (find it all too confusing...) but you think this Blog deserves to make a presence there, please feel free to link it on your page. 
Thank you!



2 comments:

Bernadette said...

Wonderful Corina! Delighted to see you are still creating and exploring!

Looks like a very cool project. Very best to luck with your "New Baby"!!!!!

Ber

Corina Duyn said...

thank you Bernadette,
A new baby alright!

will keep you and others posted about it's progress

Be good.
X