Friday, June 26, 2015

Into the light in a nutshell

The reaching into the light through my art and writing continues. 


http://fundit.ie/project/into-the-light---a-book-in-a-boxBut first a VERY BIG THANK YOU to Anastasia Palmer; Pascale De Coninck; Paul Mahony, Rose Farrell; Phyllis Davis; Jennifer Puerner; Jenny Hollenberg; Derbhile Dromey; Kaite O'Reilly; Marco Hollenberg; Jane Jermyn; Ellen Vivian Piro; Rosalind Fanning; Fiona Kearney and 3 anonymous funders whom together raised 28% in my fund it  campaign. My deepest gratitude.


Last Tuesday I was interviewed by Pádraig Naugthon, (Arts and Disability Ireland) on his Arts & Disability Radio program on Near FM, to talk about my Into the Light book project. This very interesting program runs every second Tuesday.
Listen to my interview from 7.45 minutes into the program, to 30.30 minutes ... with a gorgeous song by Cara Dillon in between. 

Two weeks ago, I did an interview with Sean O'Rourke in the company of Sarah Meehan. Click here to listen back.


Just in case you are new to this blog and you don't know what Into the Light is all about...

Well, it is a book in a wooden box, consisting of approximately 80 loose A5 sheets.

Each sheet has a short reflection on life with chronic illness, but applicable to any of lives challenges: from fear, hope, acceptance, personal challenges and society’s opinions, to moments of gratitude. It is illustrated with art images and nature photographs, accompanied by quotes from other authors.


 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMzyY5Isd_8&feature=youtu.beAnd to help me publish the book, I am running a Crowd Funding campaign. There are many rewards. See more about how it works on my website. On that page are also images of the books, artworks, and tapestries on offer.

There is a short introductory video on youtube. 
A very short video about a very long journey from being a full time artist, to be coming ill with M.E. and how creativity became my life line and way to be part of the world
see here



Thanking you for your visit!

Links:


If you have any question, please email me 

No comments: